The best way to get to know a college is obviously to go visit it, feel the vibe, talk to current students and possibly professors, and stop by the admissions office to get some pressing questions answered.
Visiting a college in-person is not always possible though, especially in current times with the worldwide pandemic still controlling much of our lives.
So what’s the next best way to check if a college fits your personality and your academic interests?
Visit all the colleges that you are interested in virtually! There are some great virtual college tours available either on the respective college websites or on YouTube. Just google “Name of college” + virtual tour and you will be surprised at how many results will come up.
However, even better is if you attend one of the many upcoming College Fairs and Spring College Open House events like the one at Drexel University coming up on March 7th or the one for Virginian Tech coming up on March 20th.
Attending one of these events virtually ‘in-person” gives you the option to not only participate in a virtual tour of the campus but will enable you to speak to a college representative and ask questions that will be answered right there and then. It’s not a complete substitute for an in-person visit, but at the moment, this seems to be the best alternative available for getting a somewhat more personal feel for some of the colleges on your list.
Below we have listed a few upcoming College Fairs where you can virtually visit and talk to college reps from US colleges and US universities but also many international colleges in case you are thinking of starting your whole undergraduate degree overseas.
If you are seeking more help in deciding which college is best for you and which ones you should apply to, contact us and we will be happy to share our knowledge with you and your family.
Upcoming College Fairs:
- NACAC Fair: February 28th, 1pm- 7pm EST (All dates for NACAC Fairs see here)
- WACAC Virtual College Fairs: March 3rd, April 14th & April 19th (see more at the link here)
- Best if U UK Information Session: Saturday, March 6th at 5pm UK/GMT
- Why the UK. Individual presentations of some UK unis. Admissions Overview.
- Dutch Universities: learn more about Studying in the Netherlands and engage with the 8 institutions of the Dutch Research University Consortium on Saturday, March 20 between 10.00 and 12.00 CET. Registrations are open for students and their families at: https://bit.ly/DRUViewMarch2021. (these sessions might be hard to attend for students from the USA because of the time difference)
Watch previous 2021 Open House events of Colleges and Universities
- Sciences Po (the presentations are a mix of English and French and all have English subtitles). Plus you can watch an Introduction to Sciences Po on the Campus Channel, see here
- Learn more about Dutch Universities on their YouTube Channel here.
Find out more about what we have to offer with our free 20-minute discovery call.
Make sure to sign up for our mailing list and receive updates, timely articles, and special offers on our college application programs.